Good Morning Gato #130 – We Hear Ya

We’ve gotten a lot of feedback about Charlie Murder since launch. We’ve received lots of positive feedback, a few unexpected reactions, and quite a few bugs. Today, I want to respond to some of that feedback and let you know: “we hear ya”.

AGH! Bugs!
Like all software, Charlie Murder has bugs. I wish I could say it were possible to have a complete 100% bug-free game but it really isn’t. You can test night and day until your eyes bleed and still miss things. Here are some of the issues we’ve found:

• Netcode: This is probably the biggest pain in our sides. Networking in the real world is incredibly hard to duplicate in the test environment. We tested playing over the internet a ton before launch with different throttling test techniques and still were unable to predict what would happen in the real world. There’s a reason many games cut out online play before the end of their development cycle. We’re going to work this one out as best we can but it will also be the most challenging bug to fix.
  • Private matches: Currently, private matches aren’t working as intended. They’re acting just like open matches that anyone can join. Obviously, we’re going to fix this.
  • “I’m Thorough”: You can obtain 54/55 relics in the current, live Charlie Murder but there is one final relic, the Jeweled Cross, that never drops. When we fix this, we’ll likely just drop the relic requirement to 54 so anyone who signs in after downloading the title update will get the Achievement.
  • Top Leaderboard numbers are not displaying properly: You’re all too good at the game! The numbers have gotten so huge that they no longer appear on the top of the Leaderboards.
  • “You are not signed into LIVE” message displays: This is a pesky bug unique to XNA-made games. To our knowledge, there’s nothing we can do to stop it. There is a work around however: simply sign out and back into your profile within the game and the problem should sort itself out for that play session.
  • Alt bands’ top of head sometimes shows as original band members’ top of head: This is an annoying little bug we thought we squashed in development but it looks like it’s sometimes still happening.
  • Tommy and Rex can use grab to fly across the screen: Yup and it’s freakin’ hilarious. We’re calling it a feature and leaving it in.

We’ll be working on a title update as best we can. The process is a slow and careful one, especially on Xbox Live Arcade. After all, you don’t want to push an update just to have your console brick. Thank you for your feedback and patience. We’ll keep you updated on new developments.

Those Vinyls
Remember these?

Yea, us too. We want them back and we know you want them. Ever since we discovered the printing defect, however, I had to take them down from the merch site and it makes me incredibly sad. We’ve attempted contacting and working with the printers but so far it’s been difficult. We may have to go to a new printer but never fear, we will get these back up ASAP.

Cameos
Charlie Murder and crew make a cameo appearance in Steger GamesMount Your Friends! Use the code “PUNKRAWK” to unlock the male band members. Dirty.

————————————————————————————————————–

September 13, 2013 posted by Shelldragon

Filed under: Bugs,Charlie Murder,GMGato,Store

• 1. Piotyr  |  September 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM

One more request, Be able to reset band members stats! I want to unlock an alternate band myself and then reset the character I used so someone else can play him when we play multiplayer.

• 2. RoadBuster  |  September 15, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Just wanted to say how awesome Charlie Murder is! It’s been the first game in a long time that warranted an all nighter. Hell, we hadn’t even realized how much time had passed we were having so much fun. Thanks guys!

• 3. statistx  |  September 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Please please please patch that netcode highest priority. That’s the most annoying thing and keeps me from playing this awesome game (only doing it for the coop)

• 4. Matthew  |  September 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM

First off I love you guys. I orignally got the first Dishwasher because the art reminds me of a childhood favorite, Johnny the homocidal maniac, but aside of that your games are just great. Anywho I was just wondering if there will be any dlc? I am just going to throw this out there but how about being able to use the members of Gore quaffer or more alt bands with new abilties. Also will there ever be a dishwasher 3?

• 5. Tito  |  September 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Love your game alot…yay a bug patch n shizz. I hope you guys will buff up the level cap and add more alternate bands or maybe have a person use 2 of the same person or if not maybe use two of the same person but one has to be alternate but either way love your game alot…still need to find the rest of the fucking relics -.-

• 6. Richard  |  September 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Does that include the weird leech thing?
    Or is leech just naturally supposed to heal the amount it does?
    I just feel as though I should be healing more than 1 hit point when I’m dolin’ out like, 1000 damage.
    Also also, I know this doesn’t count as a bug (but I feel like I wanna’ mention it), explosive acid-y barrels only do like 5 damage a tick, which seems kinda’ piddling after playthrough number 1.

Also, I fear I might be legally married to your game I’ve played it so much.
    Sorry.

• 7. Spess Mehreen  |  September 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I just want to thank you guys for making another awesome game! I love every second of it! Almost every move, every finisher, every weapon, every ability is so damn satisfying to use! There’s never a dull moment in this game! My only suggestion (after you patch all the bugs and whatnot) would be to, if possible, add descriptions for the characters in the selection screen (or somewhere else) that list each character’s abilities and Anar-chi powers. It would be good to know ahead of time so that players can choose characters that match their preferred builds and play styles.

• 8. Charlies Lovechild  |  October 4, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Any news on when to expect this fix?
    Cheers

• 9. Ben G  |  October 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Just got my 45 today, makes me pretty happy. Usually I don’t care to buy things like this for games, especially arcade ones, but this soundtrack is just so amazing. Sounded great, no skips. Thank you for doing the honest thing and pulling the item and fixing the problem. You are all real stand up guys.