Vampires Smile, Charlie Murders

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile‘s in the news, and the circumstances are interesting, to say the least! (I’ve posted a response in NeoGAF, but more in that in a second)

vamps

We do get asked pretty often if The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile will ever come to PC.  And we’ve always given roughly the same answer: we’d like to, but we’re busy. And I’d like to rework some things, and I’d like to sharpen the graphics, but we’re still too busy.  And we’ve been under ultra-super-mega-crunch this week: we’ve got E3 coming up and a Charlie Murder to launch.  I don’t entirely understand why I have to say this, but here goes: the reason The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile is not on PC is not because of something secret and evil.  Porting is a huge hassle, it’s not trivial, and I simply haven’t made time for it.

“Barabus,” the guy responsible for the port/hack, is not a bad guy, and I think he didn’t intend to come across the way he came across.  I really am honestly flattered that he took the time and effort to reverse engineer Vampire Smile for PC.  I heart your enthusiasm, Barabus! (just stop calling it justice, please!)  Of course, we can’t condone it, but we definitely recognize that the only thing we can really do about it is the original plan: port to PC.

Porting Vampire Smile to PC as an enhanced Director’s Cut has been something I’ve been wanting to do since launch (I was calling it Georgelucasing until Michelle made me stop), and we had actually broached the subject with Microsoft last Friday, almost a week before this happened.  Nothing’s set in stone, but we got the go ahead to make a pre-announcement: we’ll be working with Microsoft to bring our stuff to PC.

So there’s love for Vampire Smile, and that’s cool. I love Vampire Smile. But we’ve also got some brand new hotness: our official Charlie Murder launch trailer!

We’re releasing this summer!

June 5, 2013 posted by James

Filed under: Charlie Murder,Vampire Smile

• 1. Eli  |  June 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM

*watches the new trailer* Shut up and take my money!

• 2. Graciella  |  June 6, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Looks absolutely amazing.

Wish you would develop a PC version as I’m a PC gamer, only buy PC games, and think you’re missing a huge part of the gaming market.

Still….wish you luck with this as it truly does look awesome.

• 3. Surething  |  June 6, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Can’t wait to see The Dishwasher on Steam, Charlie Murder looks great as well. You are great guys!

• 4. Bigg King  |  June 6, 2013 at 5:59 AM

I really hop this game gets released on pc as well, amazong mouth watering beat em up

• 5. Seom guy  |  June 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Well, if you start making a Capcom of your games, I won’t buy anything from you until you make the inevitable enchanted version. And since PC games have no value at all, I’ll wait for the price drop 2 months later.
    So if you want to port your games, go on, just don’t shit on people that bought the game in the first place.(while it never was a problem for Capcom, it’s still cheap)

• 6. Michelle  |  June 6, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I don’t really know what that means but we’re only two people and Capcom is a very big company. We have no intentions of screwing any fans, PC or Xbox. Please take this to mean we intend to make sure you are taken care of!

• 7. Some guy  |  June 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Well, you know, Capcom, the guys that made so many re-release of their game it’s became a running gag.
    I just don’t want to buy The dishwasher only to find out Super the dishwasher extreme arcade is coming next year with more content and if I want it I have to repay and replay the whole game.
    In this case it would mean a Vampire smile on PC with more content and stuff, with nothing added for they one who gave you the money to make it.
    Like I said, won’t stop people from buying, it never has, but it’s still a pain for me.

• 8. Kevan Bodkin  |  June 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Holy shit! Did you guys just see that? A pig just fucking FLEW past the window. Granted it was strapped to a rocket, but I’ll takes what I can gets, and that includes a Vampire Smile port.

Glad to hear the wheels of progress are turning again.

Please let it be on Steam. Putting it on GFWL is pretty much like asking people to pirate it…

• 9. Kevan Bodkin  |  June 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Also, I hope the rumor of it being a Win8 only release isn’t true, because that’d really be shooting the project in the foot.

• 10. Michelle  |  June 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I don’t know where the rumor is from but it’s not from us and it’s not true.

• 11. walikor  |  June 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM

oh yeah,if you bring Dishwasher: Vampire Smile,The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai and Charlie Murder i will buy them!

• 12. walikor  |  June 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM

ah for drm….i want steam or GOG!

• 13. Russell Bays  |  June 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I hope that there’s a way Windows 8 users can access the PC version of Vampire Smile, either for a discounted price or free, if they’ve already got the Xbox version on their profile. My Xbox 360 Red Ringed a long while back and I haven’t been playing it since, however the Dishwasher series was one of the games I’d always missed…

• 14. A brony who like this game pretty badly.  |  June 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Seriously, does even SKA Studios realizes that most of the people will be eager to buy their games as pc versions? The demand is huge, and sadly enough, SKA seems to just dont give a fuck about it. And it creates alot of frustration, given that when I still had an xbox 360, DWVS was my favorite all time game. And due to all this mess, guess what, like almost everyone, we cracked it. Seriously, SKA, you should put the pc version of DWVS, and im totally negative on Charlie Murder, since its not you. At all. You have to keep on DW serie.

Sincerely,
    One of the biggest fan of DWVS game.

• 15. Ixmythot  |  June 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM

You didn’t read the article at all, did you? Not only is Ska literally TWO PEOPLE, but they’ve honestly not been aware of the demand for a PC port until this leak. It’s not a question of ‘not giving a fuck’, as you so crudely put it, but a question of time and manpower.

As for Charlie Murder, have you even seen gameplay, or gotten to play the demo of it, or are you just judging off of what you’ve read, because it is just as ‘Ska’ like as any other of their games.

I love the Dishwasher series, it is, without a doubt, my favorite new IP of this entire generation. That in mind, insisting that Ska ONLY work on one specific series would simply make the Dishwasher series stagnant, much like the Nightmare of the same name.

• 16. jibb  |  June 14, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Not him? Did you even play ZSX2? It looks great.

Just release all on pc bro. We’ve been waiting.

• 17. Michelle  |  August 3, 2013 at 7:40 AM

We’ve said it a dozen times before, knowledge of demand has nothing to do with it. It has everything to do with resources of time and man power. We do what we can in the time we have and we prefer to not outsource and lose control of our quality. As to what Ska Studios is: Are you familiar with James’ games before The Dishwasher? Charlie is very much a successor to Zombie Smashers.