Baby, it’s cold outside here in the North East. Gato knows where all the good warm spots are and doesn’t give a single kitty biscuit how it impedes productivity.
Welcome to 2013 every Ska bro!
2012 was a busy, busy year for Ska Studios. Here’s a recap of some of this year’s bigger moments.
- Z0MB1ES (on teh phone) is released for Windows Phone.
- The term Ska Bro is coined in February.
- Time Viking, the song (soundtrack?), becomes available for download.
- Charlie Murder releases its first trailer.
- Some people are fooled by our April Fool’s joke .
- James gives a postmortem on The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile at GDC.
- We participate in the first ever Indie Megabooth at PAX East 2012. We also have new shirts!
- Ska Studios marries self. Ska Studios couldn’t stay a bachelor studio forever. We officially become a “husband and wife” development team.
- We see some seriously cool cosplay.
- Ska Studios exhibits at PAX Prime, once again as a part of the Indie Megabooth. We show what we’ve been working on since the last PAX East and we have a new poster!
- Good Morning Gato reaches over 100 posts!
- Earlier in the year, James and I finally tried out Minecraft on the PC. The very first thing I do with games like this is jump into customization. That very night, we were cruising around as various Ska Studios characters. By October, we were able to announce Dishwasher skins for the Xbox version of Minecraft.
2013, The Future
Charlie Murder continues to be worked on! I know we’ve toyed with your emotions in the past but we’re confident that this year Charlie Murder will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade at some point. Of course, we’ve been saying all along that the game will come out “before the Mayan apocalypse,” so technically, we never lied…
So, This is a Thing
James discovered this a while back but I’m just now seeing it. I’ve always wanted a Super Smash Bros style fighting game involving Ska Studios characters, but we may have been beaten to the punch by Indie Action, a freeware project from DrSceneful. We’ve been a bit quiet about our mutual dream of one day seeing The Dishwasher face off against Charles Barkley, but now that that’s all water under the bridge, we should probably be more open about our desire to see The Fallen Engineer appear as a playable combatant in one of the many Shaq Fu fan sequel projects out there.
2013 should be an interesting year. Keep your eyeballs fixated on our blog for our updates. Happy New Year everyone!
January 4, 2013 posted by Michelle