How Not to Promote ZP2K9
This is too funny…
So, ZP2K9 is on the Community Games marketplace. It’s a side scrolling multiplayer online shooter. It’s 200 points. It’s fun. I like it. Some random people like it. Some people like it so much, they saw fit to promote it! Harmless, no?
Well, one of my XBL buddies thought he’d spread the cheer to the folks at some Soldat forum, using a highly inflammatory topic name of “Soldat vs ZP2K9” and naively postulating that ZP2K9 was better! I guess the Soldat folks are not keen on fighting words!
Here are some gems:
- “Your walking all the time = Ur opponents will face you from the same hight = no aim skills required = Soldat is better.”
- “Whatever it is, that game can’t be compared to Soldat – Soldat is way superior.”
- “Not even close to soldat LOL”
- “seems like they are desperate to get soldat on them, even if its just a crappy copy of it”
- “Just judging from the video I don’t think there’s any contest-soldat blows it out of the water in my opinion.”
- “anyone realized that the thing when he goes up is actually pretty same as the prince of perisa climbing?”
(Ahem… for the record, I played Soldat like once years ago and wasn’t blown away. I loved Abuse though! And RuneQuake! Yeah, I’m a dork! So what!?)
(Also, this is the video that is used to gauge how terrible ZP2K9 is; compared to Soldat, can we say they both look a little bit like crap?)
Anyway, I’ve learned two things from this:
- Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
- Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.
Is there hope? Or is this game doomed because it is not like a game that I never intended it to be like?
Well, it’s not all bad! XNA Roundup liked it a lot, particularly the flamethrower, Chameleon suit sword trick (I might wanna cut this one), and controls. Video review after the break:
“200 points, and the game is well worth it!”
CheckYourHUD liked it too. “For 200 MS points, ZP2K9 is a must have for Xbox 360 owners everywhere. The fast paced action never gets old, and the XBL multiplayer is rock solid.”
We’ve got the bargain angle!
Ahh… I love you all.