To divert your attention from the late night rant below, here’s a Dishwasheriffic status update:
- The Dishwasher has a million, billion bugs. I’m fixing them all very quickly.
- The GDC build of The Dishwasher was sort of slow. The frame rate hovered around 30. This has been fixed–it’s now a steady 60!
- I’m locking the screen size at 1280 x 720. I figured that because all of my favorite AAA games do this, I’ll do it too. This addresses frame rate fluctuations and cramped menu issues.
- The dishwasher’s weapons and clothes now get stained by blood (small detail).
- There is now a Ranked story mode–it’s a brutal difficulty that’s roughly the same difficulty as Samurai. Ranked is more strict, but playing ranked obviously allows you to compare score and speed against the rest of the world.
- The game supports 3 player co-op in story mode (unranked only). It’s kind of messy. I’m going to make it a little less messy.
It’s been a wild ride, but I’m nearing the end of the tunnel!