Salt and Sanctuary Press Kit
Sickhead Games for PSVita
Blitworks for Switch
March 15, 2016 on PS4
|ESRB||M for Mature|
|Website||Playstation.com, Steam, Switch|
|Store Page||Playstation, Steam, Switch|
|Price||USD 17.99, Crossbuy on PS4 and PSVita platforms|
|Availability||Digital Download on PS4, PSVita, Steam, Switch.|
Coming to retail via Limited Run for PS4 and PSVita and full retail on Switch.
About Ska Studios
James founded Ska Studios in 2007 when the game he’d been working on as a hobby project was awarded a publishing contract on Xbox Live Arcade. The game was called The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai, and it did well enough to keep this ship afloat through the next game, and the next, and the next.
Over the next 12 years, James would go on to create I MAED A GAM3 WITH Z0M1ES 1N IT!!!1, The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile, Charlie Murder, and Salt and Sanctuary.
James has been designer, artist, engineer, composer, animator, world builder, writer, lead singer, janitor, and of course, lead dishwasher for 12 years of Ska Studios.
James Silva, Lead Dishwasher
Michelle Silva, Art Unicorn
james (at) ska-studios (dot) com
- Twitter: @skastudios
- Facebook: skastudios
- Tumblr: skastudios
- Instagram: skastudios
A doomed sailor is shipwrecked on an uncharted island. In fog-shrouded valleys, where grinning, mossy corpses cling to rusted arms, shambling figures begin to stir. Beneath crumbling, salt-worn structures, labyrinthine passageways lead to unspeakable evil, long forgotten by man.
Salt and Sanctuary seamlessly combines fast, brutal, and complex 2D combat with richly developed RPG mechanics. Discover, craft, and upgrade over 600 weapons, armor pieces, spells, and items as you explore a cursed realm of forgotten cities, blood-soaked dungeons, desecrated monuments, and the fallen lords they once celebrated.
From Ska Studios, the award-winning indie studio behind a long list of stylistic, visceral, and brutally executed action titles that includes The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile, The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai, and Charlie Murder, comes Salt and Sanctuary, the studio’s most ambitious title to date.
- Salt and Sanctuary is Ska Studios’ first game on the PlayStation platform. Previous titles were on Xbox360.
- Launching initially on PlayStation4 with a later PSVita and Steam release date to be determined.
- PS4 and PSVita is cross-buy but not cross-save.
- Ska Studios uses the Monogame framework to develop for PlayStation4.
- Explore a vast and treacherous world, teeming with diabolical traps, mysterious secrets, hidden shortcuts and vicious enemies. In addition to a diverse array of combat and platforming challenges, this seamlessly-interconnected environment features more than 20 powerful and devious bosses.
- Equip yourself as you see fit with a wide variety of weapons, armor, accessories and spells to create your own unique hero – or villain!
- Survive it all over again with a series of increasingly difficult New Game Plus playthroughs.
- Sacrifice relics at your sanctuary, your only refuge. Upgrade it, add friendly NPCs like merchants and mages, and unlock new abilities, like weapon transmutation and fast travel. Do you ignore a strategically important sanctuary held by a rival creed, or do you desecrate it, earning the wrath of it followers?
- Uncover the submerged lore of a strange and dangerous world, hidden in item descriptions, the Bestiary, and dialog.
- You’re not entirely alone… Castaways on this forsaken island can leave their mark on each other’s journeys through messages, shadows and other shrouded multiplayer interactions.
- …because together’s better. Too lonely? Too difficult? Join your friend’s world as a sellsword from afar for local co-op… or versus!