Games with Gold: Charlie Murder Free in June!

You heard right: Charlie Murder will be free with Games with Gold on Xbox360 in June!  Also part of Games With Gold for Xbox 360 in June will be Dark Souls (which we are quite big fans of) and Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition (evidently a tie-in to Jean Claude Van Damme’s 1994 masterpiece). Awesome to the max.

But what about the Charlie patch? Real talk: a patch was most certainly submitted by us.  How long it’ll take to go through cert, and whether it’ll pass cert are unknown, but it’s been submitted, so that’s good.

Also, huge thanks to those of you who bought Charlie at launch!  Our survival as an indie studio will always depend entirely on the generosity of our fans; you amazing people will always have our deepest gratitude. Always… and forever.

(´・ω・`)

May 16, 2014 posted by Shelldragon

Filed under: Charlie Murder

• 1. Piotyr  |  May 17, 2014 at 11:27 AM

I will always buy your stuff at launch! High five!

• 2. Shell  |  May 17, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Aw thanks :) You’re the best!

• 3. That one guy you totally know  |  May 17, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I caaaaaaant wait for dat patch :). I hope it will be released soon

• 4. Leganitos  |  May 18, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Great new for gold users, Charlie Murder is a work of art, in my top 5 beat ‘em ups of all time.

Warming up engine for co-op fun with my friends in June!

• 5. Hack O Lantern  |  May 18, 2014 at 11:30 AM

This was one of my favorite games on 360. Sadly I traded in my 360 to get an XboxOne… Will this ever come to the One? Very tempted to go out and get a 360 just to play this game again.

• 6. Pajolero  |  May 20, 2014 at 3:01 PM

You’ve got my support, guys. Can’t wait for dat patch!

• 7. Deftbehemoth  |  May 21, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Purchased the game at launch just like I did with vampire smiles. Still loving both of them and whoever thought of making skelly a white feral wolf is a genius.

• 8. Deftbehemoth  |  May 21, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Also purchased time Viking on xbla. Little bummed out that I can’t play it offline but hey I had my fun with it.

• 9. maritox  |  May 22, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Best game i played on my xbox, give some discount sale on Z0mb1Es on teh phone its a bit pricey than the rest of games on WP market!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• 10. Spess Mehreen  |  May 24, 2014 at 2:00 AM

You’ve got my gratitude too, James and Michelle. Thank you for making some of the greatest indie games I’ve ever played. I’ll always continue to support you guys and buy your games day one.

• 11. ToothlessApollo  |  June 2, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I really hope this patch comes soon. Its been quite a while since I’ve been able to get in any online lobbies with people, let alone anyone that wasn’t some kid with modded gear. I hope something gets done about these people. I’ve reported every single kid with modded gear for cheating. Its never really done anything. Besides, how pathetic do you have to be to cheat in this game? The modded gear I know is real because I’ve had people try to give it to me. I saw a mask that gives you 9999%+ anar-chi, several items that give you unlimited strength and its just too much to bare. I was on XBOX Live yesterday and there was no promotion of Charlie Murder being out for free yesterday. I hope it shows up on the 16th cause my friend really wants to get the game. I eagerly and patiently look forward to the update, and to hopefully being the champion of this game once more. Peace.

• 12. Shell  |  June 2, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Yup, it’ll be up the 16th.

1 − one =