Good Morning Gato #144 – GDC and Adventures

Wow. It has been a while. We were able to hit GDC and Emerald City Comic Con this month, where massive business-fun-gaming times were had all around.

GDC Developments
Hopefully we saw you at GDC, and hopefully we were super nice to you! (If yes on the former and no on the latter, well, we must extend our humblest apologies.)  We had an excellent GDC, and we had a bunch of get togethers relating to things we are not talking about yet.  Because we obviously haven’t just been working on a patch and a port and nothing else since last summer.  Suffice it to say, we’re excited about next gen consoles.

Comparative Research
Dark Souls was one of our favorite games in the last few years, so it should come as no surprise that we’re pretty enamored by its long awaited amazing sequel. Despite the massive controversy surrounding the vanishing trailer masks, Dark Souls II is an incredibly rich and rewarding game, and we can’t recommend it enough.  NG+, here we come!

Remember Those Ska Shirts?

Remember those Ska Studios logo shirts folks said they wanted? Well they are available and waiting to be worn by you! So cool!

The Dishwasher by MPR ART Hallucinations

“The Dishwasher” by MPR ART Hallucinations is now playable through his website. Just scroll down to “The Dishwasher” or clicky clicky to play. The game is releasing today on Desura.

Your Common Questions
Your most commonly asked question is:

Q: Charrlieee Murderrr Patchhh??
A: So, up until about a week ago, the patch was stuck at this bizarre engineering hurdle (basically, the “patched” Charlie was insta-crashing), but now, thanks to a helpful dude from the team-formerly-known-as-XBLA, that’s all sorted.  Next up: testing!

Linkles
This is a little past due but here are some links, ahoy!
30 Plus Gamer’s review of TIME VIKING!!!!! ANDSPACERAPTOR

30 Plus Gamer’s interview with us!

April 4, 2014 posted by Shelldragon

Filed under: Charlie Murder,GMGato,T-Shirts,The Dishwasher

• 1. Fresno Rob  |  April 12, 2014 at 2:39 AM

I have to say, Charlie Murder has become the number one multiplayer game in our house. I’m trying to wrap it on the hardest setting and I am just getting killed on the skateboard/water dodging segment. So hard! Anyhow, I initially though that Charlie murder wasn’t up to snuff compared to the Dishwasher games, however after playing, it has become our favorite SKA game! Congrats!

• 2. toxic fox  |  April 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM

This. Game… MADE. MY. YEAR!!! I swear I will never find a game like this in my life! 4 player zombie killing? AND LEVELING SYSTEM? YOUR HARDCORE!!! Oh my god and the sound track: angel of chaos. F?!ING LOVE IT!!! There’s just one problem though…IT NEEDS A SECOND PART!!! (sigh) but you can’t rush art, huh? Maybe a dubstep version? Anyways, YOU ROCK!!!

• 3. toxic fox  |  April 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Sorry, lord of chaos

• 4. Piotyr  |  April 30, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Charlie murder is one of the best beat um ups in recent times. I do not agree phantom breaker is better but that is all having to do with the fact I don’t want to play a little girl with a giant weapon. Not everyone wants to be the little girl sir! Some people want to buy pets and eat them by mistake! Poor froggie….

• 5. Shelldragon  |  April 30, 2014 at 12:28 AM

They are two totally different games, they’re just in the same genre :) People have different preferences but thanks for being the kind that likes Charlie!

• 6. ToothlessApollo  |  May 11, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Please finish this soon. I have 20 level 50s to maximize with that last relic.

• 7. Sammy  |  May 13, 2014 at 3:04 PM

So apparently Charlie Murder is going to be free with GWG in June. Hope that patch is nearly done, o.o;

• 8. Shell  |  May 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Gawd, me too! Haha. Still waiting on test :( Apparently their resources are super limited right now. I might give them a poke knowing that GWG is coming soon.

• 9. meow foolery  |  May 15, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Charlie is the best!!! My hubby and I are always looking out for fun/funny couch co-op adventures. Easily my favorite game of 2013, and still play it here and there. I usually play Charlie and he plays Tommy, seems like the best team.

We enjoy the fun gameplay, fun and crazy elements, well-told story, and the music! gawd the music is the best. And the quirky things like scanning/pics on your phone LOL. And so much gear, it’s ridiculous.

We have spent many hours with Charlie and the band. And when we have friends over, it’s a fun party game to watch and play. We still haven’t been able to unlock the alter bands, though, which is a little frustrating. Maybe one day!

Keep doing what you’re doing cause we sure look forward to more from you guys. And say hello to Gato!

• 10. Shelldragon  |  May 15, 2014 at 10:53 PM